The Rutherford GO station is undergoing some major improvements over the next two years. While there are going to be some short term disruption and inconveniences, when the improvement project is finished we are going to have a much improved GO station here in Vaughan.
Here are some of the highlights:
- New building with a 1250 space indoor parking garage
- Upgraded bus loop and passenger pickup-dropoff area
- A grade separation so the train will travel above Rutherford Rd and greatly decrease traffic from passing trains
- Better pedestrian and cyclist connectivity, including a pedestrian bridge over Rutherford Road, and dedicated bike lanes on Rutherford Road
- A second track and platform to accommodate more frequent Barrie line service in both directions
If you want to learn more about the Rutherford Go station improvement project and to learn about some of the disruptions due to construction, you can learn more about them here.