https://lisasinopoli.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/Zucchini-Bread-760x983-1.jpg 983 760 Sandra https://lisasinopoli.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/16-001-LS-Logo-Broker-300x150.png Sandra2020-08-24 17:13:512020-08-24 17:13:51Zucchini Bread
This zucchini bread studded with walnuts and currants (or chocolate chips, if you prefer) is a great way to use up your summer zucchini.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, spooned into measuring cup and leveled-off
- 2-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1-3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups grated zucchini (you’ll need two medium zucchinis; do not wring out the liquid)
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, lightly toasted if desired
- 1/2 cup currants or raisins (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and set rack in middle position. Generously grease two 8 x 4-inch loaf pans with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Use a whisk to mix well.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs with the sugar. Add the grated zucchini, melted butter, and vanilla extract; using a wooden spoon or rubber spatula, stir to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to liquid ingredients and mix until just combined. Add the nuts and currants, then divide the batter evenly into the prepared pans. Bake for 60 to 65 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean. Set the pans on a wire rack and let cool for about 10 minutes, then turn the loaves out onto rack to cool completely.
- Note: You can also add chocolate chips to this bread. I typically use between ¾ to 1 cup chocolate chips instead of nuts and currants. Whatever combination you use, just be sure total add-ins (nuts, currants, chips) do not exceed 1½ cups.
- Freezer-Friendly Instructions: The bread can be frozen for up to 3 months. After it is completely cooled, wrap it securely in aluminum foil, freezer wrap or place in a freezer bag. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator before serving.