https://lisasinopoli.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/risotto.jpeg 354 629 Admin For Lisa https://lisasinopoli.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/16-001-LS-Logo-Broker-300x150.png Admin For Lisa2021-04-26 21:03:472021-04-26 21:03:49Sandra’s Saucy Supper
1⁄2 tablespoon oil
1⁄2 onion, chopped
1 lb ground pork or 1 lb ground beef
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
1 cup long grain white rice, uncooked
1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
1⁄4 – 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded (optional)
salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- While rice is cooking, heat oil and saute onion until translucent.
- Add ground meat, salt and pepper to taste and cook until no longer pink, drain if necessary.
- Add tomato sauce and heat through.
- Once rice is ready, drain well and add to pan.
- Heat through, stir in cheeses if desired.
- To fancy up, you could add chopped peppers, or more spices. I’m sure this would work just as well with any leftover meat too.