My guests are always intrigued by this recipe. Do you grill salad? Yes. Yes.I.do. It’s a switch up on a regular green tossed salad.
I roughly chop up all the salads after grilling and layer it all on a beautiful platter. I would totally give this a try.
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil plus additional for drizzling
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon Sherry wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 6 green onions, trimmed
- 1 head of romaine lettuce, quartered lengthwise with some core still attached to each piece
- 1 large head of red leaf lettuce, quartered lengthwise with some core still attached to each piece
- 1 medium head of radicchio, quartered through core, with some core still attached to each piece
- Whisk 3 tablespoons olive oil and next 4 ingredients. Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange green onions, lettuces, and radicchio on baking sheets. Drizzle lightly with oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Grill vegetables until beginning to wilt, 1 minute per side for red leaf lettuce, 1 1/2 minutes per side for romaine, 2 minutes per side for green onions, and 3 minutes per side for radicchio. Transfer vegetables to baking sheets.
- Cut cores from all grilled greens. Cut grilled radicchio crosswise into 1-inch-wide strips. Cut grilled lettuces crosswise into 2-inch-wide strips; chop green onions.
- Place vegetables in large bowl.
- Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat.