This decadent fudgy chocolate brownies recipe is from “Martha Stewart’s Baking Handbook.” Whether you have the munchies or are just looking for a yummy chocolaty treat.. this brownie recipe is my favourite!
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, plus more for pan
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter an 8-inch square baking pan or heatproof glass dish. Line pan with parchment paper, leaving a 1-inch overhang on 2 sides. Set aside.
- Place butter and chocolate in a large heatproof bowl set over (but not touching) simmering water; stir frequently until chocolate and butter are melted, about 7 minutes. Remove bowl from heat; let cool to room temperature, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Stir sugar into cooled chocolate mixture until combined.
- Whisk in eggs one at a time, whisking until smooth after each addition.
- Whisk in vanilla.
- Gently fold in flour and salt.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, and smooth top with an offset spatula.
- Bake until cake tester inserted in the center comes out with only a few moist crumbs attached, 40 to 45 minutes.
- Transfer pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Run a knife or offset spatula around the edges of the pan. Using parchment, lift brownies out of pan and onto the rack. Transfer to a cutting board; cut into 2-inch squares.
Brownies can be kept in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Source: The Martha Stewart Show