https://lisasinopoli.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/IMG_3922-scaled.jpg 2560 1920 Admin For Lisa https://lisasinopoli.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/16-001-LS-Logo-Broker-300x150.png Admin For Lisa2021-03-26 20:23:322021-03-26 20:24:11Dana’s Delicious Biscotti
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking poweder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (or chopped pistachios, cranberries, or whatever you’d like)
- Ground cinnamon and granulated sugar for dusting
- Mix together oil and sugar until combined, then add eggs one at a time. After the eggs are combined, add vanilla.
- Sift together all the dry ingredients and add them slowly to the sugar/egg mixture. Once the dough is smooth and sticky, pour the chocolate chips (or other ingredients) in and mix.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator for a few hours (at least 2) or overnight.
- Lightly oil your hands and form 4 long rows with the dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet (I line the cookie sheet with parchment paper for easy cleanup). Each strip of dough should be 3-4 inches wide. They will spread out a lot during cooking, so make sure you leave enough space between the rows.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes. While the biscotti are baking, in a flat shallow dish, combine ¾ cup of sugar with enough cinnamon to turn the mixture light brown. It’s best to eyeball this – it shouldn’t be too brown or too white.
- Take the biscotti out and turn the oven down to 250 degrees F. Slice into biscotti sized pieces.
- Roll each cookie into the cinnamon sugar mixture. (I like to sprinkle the tops only before cutting) Put the pieces back on the cookie sheet on their sides.
- Bake for another 15 minutes until they’ve achieved the texture you desire. The longer they stay in the oven, the crisper they will be. If the slices are big or wide, you might need longer than 15 minutes. Keep an eye on it and don’t over-bake, as this cookie tends to dry out quickly. Store in an airtight container.