This salad is so versatile. Want a healthy lunch? Try this. Need to make a salad to bring for a pot luck? Make this.
BY: THE CANADIAN LIVING TEST KITCHEN
Portion size- 4 servings
- 3 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cayenne Pepper
- 1 can 19 oz/540ml chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 plum tomatoes chopped – I prefer using the cherry or grape tomatoes and slice in half
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup fresh mint, or 1 tsp dried
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 8 leaves Boston,Bibb or leaf lettuce
- Pita Wedges – optional
- In large bowl, whisk together lemon juice, oil, cumin, salt and cayenne pepper.
- Add rinsed and drained chickpeas, tomatoes, cucumber, green pepper, green onions, walnuts and mint to bowl; toss together.
- Line 4 individual salad bowls with 2 lettuce leaves each; spoon chickpea salad into cupped lettuce. Sprinkle with crumbled feta cheese. Serve with pita wedges.
- Toast pita breads; cut each into 8 wedges.