http://lisasinopoli.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/potato-leek-chard-soup-recipe.jpg 493 640 Sandra http://lisasinopoli.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/16-001-LS-Logo-Broker-300x150.png Sandra2020-06-12 17:38:502020-06-18 20:29:35SWISS CHARD SOUP
This is such a tasty soup that comes together pretty effortlessly. Especially if you prep everything ahead of time. Try this the next time its a little gloomy out.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1 leek (white and light green parts only), chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 8 oz Swiss chard leaves shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 6 cups Homemade Poultry Stock recipe – I’ve used vegetable stock also
- 1 cup cooked small pasta such as stelline (stars), orzo or ditali
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- In Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat; sweat onion and leek until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, Swiss chard, salt, pepper and thyme; cook until chard is wilted, about 5 minutes.
- Add stock and bring to boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer until chard is softened but not darkened, about 10 minutes. Transfer 1 cup (250 mL) to blender and purée; return to pot and heat through.
- Stir in pasta and lemon juice. Serve sprinkled with Parmesan cheese (if using).